Big Data Analytics for Utilities
Stay competitive. Maximize the value of your customers by analyzing their behavior.
Leading utility providers leverage BIRT Analytics in order to detect new business opportunities and provide the best, most efficient services possible.
In a highly competitive market, BIRT Analytics empowers utility companies with Big Data analytics technologies: visual data mining and predictive analytics. They can explore and analyze big data, extract hidden insights instantly, and bring added value and agility to the business and the whole decision-making process.
BIRT Analytics detects business opportunities by measuring the customer's real potential. For example, BIRT Analytics calculates the optimum consumption per contract. By giving you a 360º view of customers' behavior, BIRT Analytics makes it possible to predict unpaid contracts, detect fraud, and adjust prices and services.
Utility companies can gain a competitive edge through cost reductions at call centers; resource optimization with self-management systems and more effective analysis; and more efficient customer management.
Start Your Free Trial
Forecasting energy production to optimize its market value
The production capability of renewable energy producers and suppliers mainly depends on the climate. Anticipating things before they happen and knowing in advance how the production varies will not only make these companies eco-friendlier and more environmentally sustainable, but they will also be more competitive within the global economic environment.
How to foresee production for a more efficient and competitive negotiation
- Energy production forecast by integrating data related to time, climate, and technology.
- Analysis of the volume of energy produced in different conditions and energy for sales estimates.
- Early detection of performance losses related to the equipment failure and performance anomalies.
The Challenge: Forecasting the production to optimize its market price
- Reduce the uncertainty of the energy being produced to optimize its market value.
- Get to know the production variability depending on environmental conditions.
- Analyze equipment degradation on yearly production to avoid losses and gain efficiency.
The Solution: BIRT Analytics
- Enable non-predefined and cross analysis of any type of available information (i.e., weather, technology, production, etc.)
- Forecast the volume of energy to be produced and sold according to time, climate, and technology criteria.
- Identify the features of technological equipment for optimum performance.
- Early detection of floors showing drops in production levels and analysis of the equipment and module demotions according to miscellaneous parameters.
- Comparative analysis of yearly production to estimate the actual vs. expected equipment demotion, making it possible to verify their useful life and identify tools with less TCO.
The Benefits of using BIRT Analytics
- Global business view.
- Anticipate things before they reach negative impact.
- More efficiency in sales negotiation.
- Production optimization through the selection of technologies with little demotion and higher performance.
- Reduced costs and production losses.
- Market competitive advantages.
- Even more sustainability and eco-friendliness.
- Business user self-sufficiency.
- Early detection of business opportunities.
- Predictions of future customer demands.
- Optimal pricing analysis
- Integrating and analysing internal and external data
- Data quality for better analysis
- Immediate response to unpredicted questions
- Predicting equippment failures: corrective maintenance
- Classifying error profiles and key facts
- Processes optimization and automation
- Reduction of IT′s workload and costs
Start Your Free Trial
“Our commitment lies in the quality of the services we offer the sector over time. We therefore wanted to even add more value to our services by using a different kind of data exploitation tool, one with a depth and dynamism that would allow us to incorporate our valuable knowledge and experience. BIRT Analytics has helped us to move ahead in our research, which will positively impact our insurance offering to the agricultural sector." Fernando Burgaz, General Director, ENESA
Why do customers choose BIRT Analytics?